Artistically in April | Playlist
Another month, another playlist.
- Ben Howard's "A Boat to the an Island on the Wall" -- After four years away, the second saddest boy with a guitar is back (just barely beating out Bon Iver for the number one spot). His new album is coming this June, but in the meantime, this new track has the musical beauty that he's known for. But it doesn't feel the same as everything he's previously released. (I can't wait to full sob when I see him live in September.)
- Lake Street Dive's "I Can Change" -- Speaking of new music, LSD dropped their third album on Friday. And while I haven't had a chance to get invested in the album yet, their single "I Can Change" has been on repeat for the last few weeks.
- Zak Abel "Love Song" -- The lad always puts out a jam.
- Hobo Johnson "Peach Scone (Live)" -- The live video of this song was submitted for the NPR's Tiny Desk Competition, and went viral. For a good reason. Hobo's been building momentum in Sacramento the last few years.
- Grace Weber "Space Jam" -- Like Michael Jordan, but with killer vocals.